Join us in creating economic opportunity for New Orleans entrepreneurs this summer.
DEADLINE APRIL 28TH FOR ALL POSITIONS EXCEPT COMMUNITY RESEARCH.
We have the following positions open:
Depending on the applicant, internships could be a combination of the following roles.
Marketing + Communications
- Manage facebook, twitter and linkedin pages
- Curate and distribute monthly newsletters
- Write and distribute press releases
- Create and execute project-based marketing plans, including targeted communications for donors
- Experience in/willingness to learn WordPress ideal to assist in website maintenance
Skills to be gained: social media strategy, targeted and curated communications, public relations/media, nonprofit marketing
- Provide creative design services to entrepreneurs including product photography, logo design, branding, marketing materials
- Provide creative design services to Fund 17 including marketing materials, website graphics, event and programming photography
- Access to/skills in Adobe Suite preferred. Access to own camera also preferred.
Skills to be gained: improved photography and graphic design experience, strengthen portfolio, learn how to design for a client
Fundraising + Development
Often combined with accounting role, but not necessarily.
- Maintain and expand database of grants and funding opportunities
- Plan and execute fundraising-related events
- Work with board members and Executive Director on grant-writing
- Strategize further development opportunities
Skills to be gained: grant-writing, fundraising research, managing a company CMS (content management system) database, event planning
- Coordinate and assist in leading Kiva info sessions and workshops throughout city
- Help organize inbound applications and provide loan application assistance to new applicants
- Assist in outreach efforts to promote Kiva micro-lending opportunity
Skills to be gained: community outreach and engagement, an understanding of microfinance systems, basic loan application review processes
In Summer of 2017, Fund 17 will be finalizing an extensive research effort funded by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, including finishing data collection, analysis and the writing of the final report. The Community Research Intern will be required to receive training in late April/early May from our Executive Director and current CR Intern to help prepare for the final stages of this research.
DEADLINE FOR THIS POSITION: APRIL 19TH.
- Assist in training & managing during new research cohorts
- Conduct surveying & data collection alongside community members
- Conduct internet and other traditional research to assist in research narratives
- Assist in data analysis and writing of final report
- Writing skills and understanding of research methods preferred.
Skills to be gained: data collection, research writing, geographic/spatial analysis, surveying technology
Often combined with Community Research Intern role.
- Conduct check-in calls with current and previous entrepreneurs to collect data on business development and growth
- Maintain and improve our impact assessment strategy
- Act as a liaison between staff, fellows and entrepreneurs. You communicate what is working and what needs to be improved in ensuring our services have impact.
- Write blogs or assist in other marketing strategies to help communicate our impact to the community.
Skills to be gained: communication, customer service, understanding of impact metrics and collection
- Maintain regular organizational accounting via QuickBooks
- Create financial statements and projections as needed for Board of Directors, grant opportunities and business plans
- Assist in financial planning and organizational budgeting
Skills to be gained: Quickbooks software, hands-on accounting practice (working with real transactions)
Don’t see what you are looking for?
Let us know! Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that proposes your internship role and make sure to sell yourself!