Fund 17 is currently recruiting for a brand new position on our team: Entrepreneur Community Coordinator.
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position.
Fund 17 is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that creates economic opportunity in the 17 wards of New Orleans by providing tools and resources to underserved entrepreneurs. Our one-on-one assistance (from Fund 17 Fellows or other staff) provides guidance and support to entrepreneurs on micro-loan access, business planning, marketing, financial empowerment and more. As we are growing, we are looking to create more community-building and group-learning opportunities for entrepreneurs who have primarily engaged with Fund 17 via individual assistance.
The Entrepreneur Community Coordinator will facilitate community-building among Fund 17 stakeholders and ultimately assist in the creation of sustainable livelihoods for underserved, low-income micro-entrepreneurs throughout New Orleans. The VISTA will expand awareness of Fund 17’s empowerment programming for micro-enterprises including microfinancing and business development relationships, conduct outreach and market research to identify new entrepreneurs and better understand their needs, facilitate collaboration among partners, students and small businesses in order to create a community of empowered entrepreneurs and coordinate student fellows and entrepreneurs for effective, impactful trainings and convenings.
- Establish community among Fund 17 entrepreneurs and small business mentors through regular communications and monthly convenings that will provide networking and learning opportunities to disenfranchised entrepreneurs.
- Increase brand awareness of Fund 17 in the community by identifying disenfranchised and/or informal enterprises that have the potential of benefiting from our programming.
- Coordinate students and partners to establish training and experiences for Fund 17 Fellows that ultimately increases the value of our programming for entrepreneurs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and engage with various types of stakeholders.
- Organization skills and “self-starter” work style; strong time management and an ability to proactively engage in our work without micro-management.
- Excited by a good challenge; willing to figure things out and learn new skills “on the fly”.
- Passion for listening, partnership and learning from our entrepreneurs to create change in the community!
- Access to transportation preferred but not required. Some Spanish language skills also preferred but not required.
Learn more about the Tulane AmeriCorps VISTA program here. Send a resume and cover letter to Haley Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to address the following in your cover letter: why you are interested in the particular job responsibilities, how you would add value to the Fund 17 team and any experience working with people different from yourself.