Fund 17 is looking for passionate and hardworking undergraduates to join our efforts empowering livelihoods in the 17 wards.
The Fund 17 Fellowship Program pairs trained university students with local entrepreneurs. Fellows and entrepreneurs work together on a weekly basis to grow the business. The Fellowship Program is open to all undergraduates, regardless of university or major.
Download more information about the program and application here.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Year-long commitment. Work with a different entrepreneur each semester.
- Intensive training before the beginning of the fall semester. Learn about business planning, business resources, active listening, design thinking, goal-setting and more to prepare for your time with entrepreneurs.
- Monthly site visit + lecture. Fellows are immersed into the social change community in New Orleans through monthly site visits. Fellows connect with leaders in various fields and engage in conversations about race, financial systems, criminal justice, immigration, policy and more.
- Weekly entrepreneur meetings. Fellows sit down with their entrepreneurs once a week to progress on business goals.
- Weekly cohort meetings. Present progress, get feedback and collaborate with your cohort once a week.
WHAT DO FELLOWS GAIN?
- Immersion into the New Orleans community and the social change/entrepreneurship ecosystem. Real connections, networking and learning.
- Hands-on experience with a local business. Build a genuine relationship and learn about a new industry, the start-up process and what is takes to be a business owner.
- Professional development experience. Fellows are a real asset to Fund 17 and work as valued team members.
- $400/month stipend.
- The application consists of 2 essay questions and a business model canvas activity (resources and instructions provided on the application). Fellows must also submit 2 letters of recommendation.
- Select candidates will progress to an interview round. Video chat interviews will be scheduled for candidates not in the city during the summer.
- Read our informational PDF here and then apply here.
- FINAL DEADLINE- August 4th
- ROLLING INTERVIEWS- through August 12th
- COHORT ANNOUNCED- August 18th
- TRAINING- August 27th through September 3rd